PROPOSED ACTIVITIES AND DELIVERABLES
The Centre shall develop the following activities, in line with the interests and priorities of various stake holders:
1. A background paper will be elaborated by the team, containing the mission statement of the NCLG. This paper will be presented in the form of policy brief that convey urgent policy problems and outline course of action to resolve them. This will be distributed among stakeholders to generate awareness of the need for land governance and announce the start of ‘National Centre for Land Governance’.
2. Writers’ studios will be organised, during which scientists, policy makers, etc. will collaborate in writing policy documents and best practices. This studio will also be for policy makers and practitioners who want to publish in peer reviewed journals.
3. Organise lectures and seminars by persons with experience in land management and governance and promotes public debates on land related issues.
4. Tailor-made training-cum-workshop at the request of government departments, NGOs and public sector undertakings on land governance will be arranged. All the training programmes of IMG ear marked for officials of Revenue, Registration, Survey & Land Records on land related matters included in STP, ITP, and GOI will be brought under the proposed NCLG.
5. Take up studies to function as think tank of govt. in enforcing land laws and in implementing the NLRMP programme of Govt. of India.