Based on these preliminary analyses and in consultation with the Panchayat members and officials, the Samagra Sthree Shakthikarna Padhati (SSSP) has been developed. The team for the SSSP project, comprising of 67 women, were selected from 100 candidates through two stage screening process, by scrutinizing qualification and experience and through personal interview. The selected candidates were categorized and placed into one of the four Project Overview available based on their attitude and aptitude.
- The identified Project Overview of the projects are – Event Management, Food processing, Photography & Videography and Home Servicing
- Skill training shall be provided to the selected candidates
Event Management Unit
The Event management team will be trained to create and develop events such as marriage ceremonies, meetings and exhibitions. Capacity building and skill acquisition programmes have been proposed for training the team which will equip them to organize and conduct events smoothly. A team of 32 women have been selected for this enterprise.
- The participants will be introduced to Event Management and will be given training on greeting and receiving guests, personal hygiene, mapping customer requirements, organizing meetings, conferences and exhibitions, communicating with the customers, stage decoration, traffic regulation and other related activities
- The course is designed for a total of 45 days, wherein, 30 days will be theory sessions and 15 days practical sessions
- It is proposed to tie up with a hotel for practical sessions
Food Processing Unit:
SSSP initiative is launched to develop skill and skill up gradation of women in making a wide variety of products from jackfruit, giving them an opportunity to enter into skilled work force in growing sectors of the economy. One of the primary reasons behind setting up of this unit is the availability of jackfruit in abundance in the Panchayat. The project aims at innovative production of value-added jackfruit products.
- Provide training to a team of 14 participants for 5 days
- Training will be given to produce more than 40 varieties of jackfruit products using equipment such as oven, dryer etc.
- 5 days classes, both theory & practical trainings will be given at identified institutes
Photography & Videography
SSSP proposes to aid in training 10 candidates with the right attitude and aptitude in fundamentals of photography, basics of camera controls, digital still photography, introduction to video production and other relevant topics.
- Professional training in videography and photography will be given to 10 participants
- 15 days classes, both theory & practical trainings will be given at identified professional institutes
- Study materials shall be provided
Home Servicing Unit
This course has been introduced, keeping in mind, the growing demand for trained housekeeping personnel and home nurses who can give a professional touch to the service. Training in housekeeping includes both theory and practical sessions to familiarize the participants with cleaning materials and equipments, maintenance and distribution of linen, collection and disposal of waste etc. The training on palliative care will give an insight onto how to attend to terminally ill and bed ridden patients. The training will capacitate the team to start a home servicing unit.
- Capacity building programs for Home nurses & House keeping
- Professional training will be imparted to 11 participants for 20 days in both housekeeping activities as well as essential activities for home nurse and palliative care.
- Practical sessions will be provided
- Study materials shall be provided