The broad objective of study is to improve the efficiency in implementation of WCP and to provide handholding support to the Grama Panchayat in transforming it into a women friendly panchayat through a situational analysis of selected four panchayats and also by implementing the findings in a selected panchayat. The required support will be provided specifically in project Identification, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Gender Development Programmes through Women Component Plan.
- To identify the reasons for poor performance of WCP and its implementation and provide support to one Grama Panchayath in effective implementation of Women Component Plan
- Undertake resource mapping by using participatory methods such as Participatory Rural Appraisal for identify the potentials for women’s socio-economic empowerment
- Capacitate the community based organizations in addressing women issues and formulating effective strategies for better implementation of Gender development programmes and how to intervene with local bodies in development programmes.
- To provide adequate training to elected representatives and implementation officers, members of CBOs/NGOs in Gender Development/Project Management/Sustainable Development etc.
- Develop a social laboratory for field exposure to participants of training institutions for field study
- To conduct impact assessments of training in development projects and develop models for good practices.